Israel in Prophecy
Israel in Prophecy
- Repeated disobedience on the part of Israel would cause God to scatter them among the nations of the world. (Deuteronomy 28:64, Leviticus 26:33, Jeremiah 9:16 and Ezekial 12:15)
- They would have no rest for their souls while in exile (Deuteronomy 28:65-66). For nearly 2000 years after the destruction in AD 70 they lived without a homeland. Then in 1948 they were restored as a nation in one day. (Isaiah 66:8)
- From all the nations of the world God restored the Jews to the land of Israel (Jeremiah 16:14-16, Jeremiah 3:14, Amos 9:15)
- The land would blossom and be fruitful as Israel took possession.It had been desolate (Zechariah 7:14). As God put his hand on the nation the people put their hand on the land and it began to produce (Isaiah 35:1-2) Currantly the nation is the single largest exporter of citrus fruit to Europe.
- God promised to defend Israel (Zechariah 12:8).Their military might would rank them among the great nations of the world.In 1948 they defeated the combined might of the Arab legions and continue their conquests in 1956,1967 and 1973.
- It is predicted Israel would be a burden to the entire world. (Zechariah 12:2-3) One-third of all resolutions passed by the UN have involved Israel.
- At the end of the age all nations of the world shall came against Israel. (Zechariah 14:2, Revelation 16:14-16)
- The last battle will be conducted against Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:2) Ownership of the city is the most contested possession in all the world.
- The establishment of a convenant of seven years between Israel and her enemies will be set up by the antichrist(Daniel 9:24) bringing peace to that troubled region. It will be but temporary as it will be broken within three and one half years.
- Finally in the last days a pure language will be restored to Israel. Hebrew dead as a language since the days of ancient Rome is currantly being used by Israel. (Zephaniah 3:9)
Rev. W. Scott Lockard
©2005 Pastor Lockard's Living on the Bright Side Ministries. You may print for this Prophecy Article for your own personal use but any reproduction for personal gain is strictly prohibited.