To have been so totally dependent on the Lord and to have suddenly lost Him was a calamity hard to comprehend. The Disciples were at a loss but Jesus had warned them of this very event. In order to cushion the shock He had declared, "I will not leave you comfortless." He was and is a source of comfort in sorrow, sickness and separation. Notice if you will:
The provisions of the Lord are fully adequate. The adequacy of Easter compensates for our every need. He promised, "I will not leave you comfortless." Call on Him today.
- He has not left us without an example (John 13:15) His submission, humility and service are the trademarks of His ministry. Can we do less?
- He has not left us without peace (John 14:27) Not a peace predicated on circumstances or harmonious relationships but on Jesus.
- He has not left us without joy (John 15:11) A joy unspeakable in the face of sorrow and suffering.
- He has not left us without hope of His return (John 16:16) The power of death could not claim Him and the grave could not hold Him. He said, "Behold I am alive forevermore."
- He has not left us without a warning (John 13:21-28) Let us be aware that the best can backslide and the finest can fall.
Rev. W. Scott Lockard
©2003 Pastor Lockard's Living on the Bright side Ministries